There is no God save Allah, Muhammad is the Messenger of God, in every blink of the eye and in every breath, to the number that only God's knowledge can comprehend. www.ahmadiah-idrisiah.com

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Aslim Taslam

Submit and you will be safe.

The Prophet saw wrote this to the various rulers, inviting them to Islam. However, some critics take offence at such invitations, claiming that this does not endorse freedom of choice. The reality is this, regardless whether or not we like it, salvation is with God alone and hence if you submit to Him, you are safe. Then they say, " Why is God so not democratic? why am i not allowed to do what i want?" Democracy is about freedom to serve, the question now is who do you serve? Satan? Your Ego? or God? serving the first two shackles you, traps you and shuts you off in a pithole, whereas serving God earns you His Divine Grace and Favour.
People often say that the liberated person is he who is free to do as he wills, even if it is a sin. In reality, they are ENSLAVED by their own nafs.

Oriana Fallaci gave such a reply to the Prophet's invitation:
لن استسلم
Lan astaslim, I will not surrender.

Ah, LANtak kau lah, there is no compulsion in religion, no one is coercing, if you refuse upon invitation then so be it. Furthermore, it wouldn't serve any good to force a non-muslim to be a reluctant muslim.

Surrender, reminds me of a song by Celine Dion with the same title;

I'll swallow my pride and I'll be alive
DID you hear my call
I surrender all

'Cause I'd surrender everything
To feel the chance to live again
I reach to you
I know you can feel it too...
We'd make it through
A thousand dreams I still believe
I'd make you give them all to me
I'd hold you in my arms and never let go
I surrender...

No comments: