There is no God save Allah, Muhammad is the Messenger of God, in every blink of the eye and in every breath, to the number that only God's knowledge can comprehend. www.ahmadiah-idrisiah.com

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Eh Eh, ke situ pulak! ;p

I was just sitting down, laid back, when I started pondering about the preparations all Muslims must go through in seeking knowledge. Like how knowledge in Islam is so vast , all-encompassing, not to mention enlightening and interesting!

In all the joys and satisfactions of seeking knowledge, I suppose the ultimate pleasure is when we are able to derive real benefit from that knowledge.

I count myself fortunate for having had knowledge of Islam taught to me in a manner that when I think back in retrospect, is most suitable. For example, for countless times I felt enlightened when I learnt Islamic Worldview, and I always felt that it would have served much good if I had learnt about Tasawwur Islam and others back in JC when I was still doing GP, I mean I cant express how much of a shock it was to me to realize a lot about the many incompatabilities between Western ideas and Islam, but then again, Allah is the Best of Planners.

Thanks of course to all those teachers who have taught me so much so that I feel that, surely I do not know to what extent this is true, learning has always been a systematic progression for me; in the sense that they have coherence and interrelatedness without so much of gaps that I am in the dark about. This is probably true only because what I know is so little and insignificant! Isn’t it much easier to manage something that is miniscule in quantity as opposed to something that is vast??

Then I was thinking about what it takes to truly prepare for marriage. The gov now makes it compulsory for couples to take up kursus pernikahan, which has been shortened to like just one and a half day course, at the end of which they give a cert. suddenly there is this strong realization that slapped into me telling me that marriage preparation is not just that! Like obviously, duh.

Then I related like how concepts of Islamic Worldview, the Religion Islam itself, even Islamic Economics are really needed to build that keluarga bahagia. It seems to me that knowledge preparation for marriage is like knowledge preparation for life itself!

Then I thought about my nephews, like how it would benefit them to truly understand Islam, the worldview and others as to truly be insulated from the many confusions in the world today. I kept telling myself how much more beneficial knowledge could have been if I were to have known them earlier, but I realize of course, Allah plans all things. I even am so very tempted to ajak the younger ones I know, such as the ones I help with tuition, to these classes. If they have come to a stage where they can understand, then there is really no point delaying it any further. And then I tell myself that I am still very young ;p unlike some people I know ;p

So one day I was sharing about what I felt about knowledge preparation for marriage with my mum. She smiled and said this ‘ni dah cakap pasal kahwin ni, mesti da ada calon ah ni?’

In my heart I was like “Eh Eh, ke situ pulak! Alamak mak, u missed the point lah mak, I not talking about me getting married, I am talking about PREPARATION for marriage lah….”
This is one of the things that when I think back about, I smile to myself…hehehehe

Peace and Salutations and Blessings and Praise of Allah be upon the Master of all Creation, in a manner that only He knows fit of His Beloved, Sayyidina Muhammad sallaallahu alaihi wasallam!

May Allah guide us all in the path of seeking knowledge, and save us from the misuse of knowledge that makes us hypocrites! Amin

siswand
(just felt like typing this out as one of the posts that I can smile at when I look back at it anytime in the future ;)

No comments: