I will now share a pathetic story; me first ever blood donation.
All these while I’ve refused donating my blood, not so much for fear of the needle, but more of losing blood, because I tend to get giddy and dizzy even when only 10ml of my blood is drawn. That was what happened during my initial screening for NS.
I felt giddy, both my ears were getting deaf, my eyes were opened big but I could only see black screens. That was 10 ml.
But, a few days back, I succumbed to peer pressure and went to donate. The needle was ok, although it is bigger than 16G, the lignocaine local anesthesia really worked. Fatter than yakult straw man! I looked and observed everything, how the LA was administered, the insertion of the super fat catheter and what not. All was ok, until after like 10 seconds, I felt pins and needles on my right palm. That was still ok. Almost immediately, that same dizziness was felt, my ears and eyes were slowly going deaf and blind respectively. Friends said I looked pale, then I was instructed to lie down and have my legs raised and the nurses there quickly plug off the catheter. (I did not feel a thing!) My own MO came to check on me. He looked at my pupils which he said was pale.
I was like the only one there to be in such a situation lah! The best part, the 450ml blood pack was nowhere near full! Perhaps just half! ( i really don't know what they would do with such little blood, i don't mind of they were to throw it away either) ;)
I rested for like 20 mins until another doctor came to check my blood pressure, rather low. I was then told to rest some more before I walked off to have some Milo and raisins.
They then specifically instructed me to take iron tablets 1/1 OM x 2/52. I told myself, I would have only ever dispensed iron tablets to….female patients.
PATHETIC KAN?! hehe
Be nice to me. This is my first donation – so says the sticker…
PS: this was not meant to deter anyone from donating blood. although as of now i guess i won't!hehe
Ader hikmah dia, i now better appreciate the Islamic Syi'ar of slaughtering with sharp knife, ensuring all blood vessels are cut. When you lose a lot of blood suddenly, your senses are numbed, you feel lesser pain. ;)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
just to side track; if halo is taken to mean light emanating from a source, or specifically Nabiy s.a.w. then perhaps this has deeper meanings:
Remember those walls I built
Well, baby they're tumbling down
And they didn't even put up a fight
They didn't even make up a sound
I found a way to let you in
But I never really had a doubt
Standing in the light of your halo
I got my angel now
It's like I've been awakened
Every rule I had you breakin'
It's the risk that I'm takin'
I ain't never gonna shut you out
Everywhere I'm looking now
I'm surrounded by your embrace
Baby I can see your halo
You know you're my saving grace
You're everything I need and more
It's written all over your face
Baby I can feel your halo
Pray it won't fade away
I can feel your halo halo halo
I can see your halo halo halo
I can feel your halo halo halo
I can see your halo halo halo
Hit me like a ray of sun
Burning through my darkest night
You're the only one that I want
Think I'm addicted to your light
I swore I'd never fall again
But this don't even feel like falling
Gravity can't forget
To pull me back to the ground again
Feels like I've been awakened
Every rule I had you breakin'
The risk that I'm takin'
I'm never gonna shut you out
Everywhere I'm looking now
I'm surrounded by your embrace
Baby I can see your halo
You know you're my saving grace
You're everything I need and more
It's written all over your face
Baby I can feel your halo
Pray it won't fade away
I can feel your halo halo halo
I can see your halo halo halo
I can feel your halo halo halo
I can see your halo halo halo
I can feel your halo halo halo
I can see your halo halo halo
I can feel your halo halo halo
I can see your halo halo halo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment