There is no God save Allah, Muhammad is the Messenger of God, in every blink of the eye and in every breath, to the number that only God's knowledge can comprehend. www.ahmadiah-idrisiah.com

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Don't talk to me about Muhammad...sallaAllah alaih....

this post actually takes the title of one song by bro Dawud Wharnsby Ali.

actually a friend in army introduced this song to me, and suffice to say,  if you are in the army, you would know how the muslims are, or at least the majority of them. so yeah, just let me put it this way, the friend is not exactly the kind of guy you would expect to deal with such things as love for the Prophet saas; vice and promiscuity are common to him; O God, at this point, i pray that i am not arrogant; whatever he is, i am worse. 

the thing is, he let me listen to the song, and he told me he feels for it, that he feels like crying.

and yeah, indeed the song is touching.

It would be such a pleasure to have you come along with me
I accept your gracious offer
Kindness and company
But as we walk along young man
And as you help me with my load
I've only one request as we travel down this road

Don't talk to me about Muhammad
Because of him there is no peace
And I have trouble in my mind
So don't talk to me about Muhammad
And as we walk along together
We will get along just fine
As we walk along together
We will get along

That man upsets me so
So much more than you could know
I hear of his name and reputation everywhere I go
Though his family and his clan once knew him as an honest man
He's dividing everyone
With his claim that God is One

So don't talk to me about Muhammad
Because of him there is no peace
And I have trouble in my mind
So don't talk to me about Muhammad
And as we walk along together
We will get along just fine
As we walk along together
We will get along

He's misled all the weak ones
And the poor ones and the slaves
They think they've all found wealth and freedom
Following his ways
He's corrupted all the youth
With his twisted brand of truth
Convinced them that they all are strong
Giving them somewhere to belong

So don't talk to me about Muhammad
Because of him there is no peace
And I have trouble in my mind
So don't talk to me about Muhammad
And as we walk along together
We will get along just fine
As we walk along together
We will get along

Now before we part and go
If its alright just the same
May I ask my dear young man
Who are you, what's your name
Forgive me what was that?
Your words weren't very clear
My ears are getting old
Sometimes its difficult to hear
It's truly rather funny though I'm sure I must be wrong
But I thought I heard you say
Your name is Muhammad
Muhammad

Ashaadu anlah ilaha illalla
Wa ashadu ana muhammadur rasululla

O talk to me, Muhammad
Upon you I pray for peace
For you have eased my troubled mind
O talk to me, Muhammad
And as we walk along together
We will get along just fine
As I travel down life's road
I will get along
Just fine


i told my friend, whatever we do, we can never earn paradise; let's face reality


Paradise is only given, from His endless Mercy, never due to our credit, or worth, or good works


Whatever it is that we do, be it sin for the rest of our lives, at the very least don't come to hate the Prophet saw, keep his love at all times. for that is all the capital we can possibly have, our final trump card for our salvation in the hereafter. For the Prophet saas personally stopped the companions from admonishing the one who was a perennial drinker; citing that verily the drinker loves God and His Messenger.

 If such a statement comes from the Prophet saas, then who is to argue? Maybe, just maybe, when we love him sufficiently, we will come to realise that the Prophet saas witnesses our daily actions,that he praises God for whatever is good, and asks for forgiveness on our behalf for whatever that is otherwise, maybe then we will be very ashamed in his presence that we will suddenly have all the drive to act lawfully. Hearts can change in an instant. What we need is good awareness...fii kulli lamhatin, wa nafasin, 'adada maa wasi'ahuu 'ilmullah...in every blink of the eye and in every breath, to the number that only God's knowledge can comprehend.


There's something about the Prophet's character that people can't resist; The Prophet said:


Yudabbiuuni rabbi, My Lord is the one who moulded Adab in me.


so no surprise why his Holy demeanour is so irresistable, there is something divine about it.

 

That alone is enough to attract our love, i really miss Sidi leading the zikr, hubbun nabi, hubbun nabi, hubbun nabi...it's just soo ecstatic and powerful...



No comments: